Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Saat janam Relationship woman

I sit and write this article empty stomach and without even a drop of water since morning just because my editor wants it today itself. (**@&*&&&*@@@). I am the 'Saat janam relationship woman'.

I love fabindia and good things, I believe in Pepe and Levis, I know of Gucci and Prada, I wear Elizabeth Arden and CK, I cling 109degree F on my shoulders and adorn Okleys on my eyes. Yet I wake up at 5 in the morning to begin the fast that I am to keep the entire day without food and water, work all along all day and then wear the gaudiest maroon/red saree that I have ever owned, with red on my nails and lips and forhead and dress up.

10 minutes of the little pooja and then begins the long long long wait, for the chanda mama to peep out of the cloud cover and bless all fasting Indian women with a glass of water.

I am a post graduate by education, earn well enough to run a humble set up all by myself as well, address my husband by name and not as 'aji sunte ho' or ‘sunna zara Meher ke papa’. Believing and telling the world that we are both at par and respect each other equally. And yet, I touch his feet before I get some water to gulp down.

I can think of 1001 ways of expressing my love to my husband, and the best part is… he knows it. Not that starving myself to death would make it any better.

Never the less, these rituals form the inseparable part of our existence. I might condemn it as much as I like but somewhere deep inside I too want to prove my love to him with this silly little effort.

So with all the love in my heart and read paint on my nails, I proudly present to you all the 'Saat janam relationship woman'.

No comments: